As the Indian government re-imposed 10% service welfare cess over and above existing 20% basic customs duty in India, Apple has increased the price of its iPhones
As the Indian government re-imposed 10% service welfare cess over and above existing 20% basic customs duty in India, Apple has increased the price of its iPhones, including its iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max smartphones in the country. The government last month increased the import duty on PCBA from 10% to 20%, chargers from 15% to 20% and mobile phone components such as display panel, touch panel, microphone and receiver from 0 to 10%.
The iPhone 7 and the iPhone XR currently assembled in India don’t see a price hike. The iPhone 11 and iPad have also seen an exception. Other models such get up to 1.3% hike. The high-end iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB version now costs Rs. 1,43,200, compared to launch price of Rs. 1,41,900. To remind you, the older iPhone models received a price cut in India after the launch of new iPhone 11 series in September last year.
Even though Apple sets a standard MRP, some third-party retailers sell the smartphones at cheaper rates. So you can get it online at cheaper even after this price hike. Check out the change in price below.
|Model||Old MRP (INR )||New MRP ( INR ) From Mar 2||% Increase|
|iPhone 8 64GB||39,900||40,500||1.5|
|iPhone 8 128GB||44,900||45,500||1.33|
|iPhone 8 Plus 64GB||49,900||50,600||1.4|
|iPhone 8 Plus 128GB||54,900||55,600||1.27|
|iPhone 11 Pro 64GB||99,900||1,01,200||1.3|
|iPhone 11 Pro 256GB||1,13,900||1,15,200||1.14|
|iPhone 11 Pro 512GB||1,31,900||1,33,200||0.98|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB||1,09,900||1,11,200||1.18|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB||1,23,900||1,25,200||1.04|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB||1,41,900||1,43,200||0.91|
- Realme 6i launched in India with Helio G90T starting ₹12,999Just like the Redmi Note 9 series completed its full circle, it was now time for Realme to do the same with its Realme 6i which was launched today without much cheer unlike past year’s loud and frantic crowds.
- Realme C11 budget phone from Realme to launch in India on July 14A month after releasing its Realme C11 smartphone in Malaysia, Chinese handset maker Realme is set to launch the budget model in India.
- Poco M2 Pro with Snapdragon 720G launched for 13,999Poco has made its latest move for the Indian smartphone market with the announcement of an all-new budget segment device, the Poco M2 Pro
- PubG: Teenager spends 16 lakhs on mobile game due to game addictionIn a bizarre incident, a 17-year old teenage boy from Punjab spent a whopping Rs 16 lakh on popular battle royale game PUBG making in-app purchases.
- One Plus TV launched with three variants starting from 12,999 onwardsIn an online-only event, OnePlus launched its much-hyped affordable One Plus TV series in the country including U and Y series.