Dre Twenti paid £1,200 for a MacBook Pro and three iPhone 11s, but ended up with lemonade.
- A UK student was conned into paying £1,200 for 2 bottles of lemonade.
- He actually thought he was getting a Macbook Pro and three iPhones.
- The trickster even had receipts showing “proof” of purchase, before switching the bags at the last second.
A UK student who thought he was buying a MacBook Pro and three iPhones was actually tricked into spending £1,200 i.e approx. $1500 on two bottles of lemondae.
According to Express and Star: Dre Twenti, from Tipton in the Midlands, says he and his girlfriend were approached by a stranger in the street, who asked him if he’d like to buy a laptop.
“I was asked if I’d like to buy a laptop which I thought was dodgy but still went and had a peek, it was a Apple Mac Pro.
“He also had few other items so I asked to take a look – three iPhone 11s.
“He showed me all the receipts which were brought from Liverpool Apple store, now I just had to withdraw the money.
Twenti paid about £700 cash and made up the rest in purchases from a local sports outlet. He continues:
“Got back to his car and we were greeted by an accomplice. He told me to check the items again which I did.
“So I proceeded to count the money as he passed the bag to my partner supposedly carrying the items.
When he got home, Twenti opened his back to find two bottles of lemonade and some cardboard. Devastated, he took to Facebook to share how he had been scammed:
I’ll honestly put my hands up and say it was a lesson learnt but an expensive one, they must of switched bags.
“This was done professionally. He seemed genuine. So don’t be fooled. Because I was. But that will only ever happen to me once.”
So there you have it. If you’re in the hunt for a new device from Apple, probably best not to buy it from a stranger in the street. And remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Realme 6i launched in India with Helio G90T starting ₹12,999Just like the Redmi Note 9 series completed its full circle, it was now time for Realme to do the same with its Realme 6i which was launched today without much cheer unlike past year’s loud and frantic crowds.
- Realme C11 budget phone from Realme to launch in India on July 14A month after releasing its Realme C11 smartphone in Malaysia, Chinese handset maker Realme is set to launch the budget model in India.
- Poco M2 Pro with Snapdragon 720G launched for 13,999Poco has made its latest move for the Indian smartphone market with the announcement of an all-new budget segment device, the Poco M2 Pro
- PubG: Teenager spends 16 lakhs on mobile game due to game addictionIn a bizarre incident, a 17-year old teenage boy from Punjab spent a whopping Rs 16 lakh on popular battle royale game PUBG making in-app purchases.
- One Plus TV launched with three variants starting from 12,999 onwardsIn an online-only event, OnePlus launched its much-hyped affordable One Plus TV series in the country including U and Y series.