Rumors about Apple’s own retail outlet in India has been surfacing for quite some time now.
Yesterday at its annual shareholders meeting at Steve Jobs Theater Apple CEO Tim Cook has confirmed that Apple will open its first retail store in India in 2021. He said that the company had to seek special approval for this because the Indian government wanted it to work with a partner. “We wouldn’t be a very good partner in retail. We like to do things our way,” he said.
He also said that Apple will start selling its products on its online store starting this year. The company is currently selling its products online on Flipkart, Amazon.in, Paytm Mall, and offline through third-party brand-authorized retailers.
A report from last year said that Apple has chosen Mumbai’s Maker Maximity Mall in Bandra Kurla Complex (BKC) as the venue for its first own India outlet and added that Apple has leased around 20,000-25,000 sq ft space for its outlet and is spread over three floors in the Maker Maximity Mall. It is said to be the largest Apple Store in India and will be three times the size of Apple Flagship Premium Reseller’s 8000 sq.ft outlet in Mumbai which opened in August 2019.
Apple is said to be planning to open 2-3 retail offline retail stores in India in the next few years.
- Realme 6i launched in India with Helio G90T starting ₹12,999Just like the Redmi Note 9 series completed its full circle, it was now time for Realme to do the same with its Realme 6i which was launched today without much cheer unlike past year’s loud and frantic crowds.
- Realme C11 budget phone from Realme to launch in India on July 14A month after releasing its Realme C11 smartphone in Malaysia, Chinese handset maker Realme is set to launch the budget model in India.
- Poco M2 Pro with Snapdragon 720G launched for 13,999Poco has made its latest move for the Indian smartphone market with the announcement of an all-new budget segment device, the Poco M2 Pro
- PubG: Teenager spends 16 lakhs on mobile game due to game addictionIn a bizarre incident, a 17-year old teenage boy from Punjab spent a whopping Rs 16 lakh on popular battle royale game PUBG making in-app purchases.
- One Plus TV launched with three variants starting from 12,999 onwardsIn an online-only event, OnePlus launched its much-hyped affordable One Plus TV series in the country including U and Y series.