Just like the Redmi Note 9 series completed its full circle, it was now time for Realme to do the same with its Realme 6i which was launched today without much cheer unlike past year’s loud and frantic crowds.
Realme 6i becomes the next new born baby in the Realme 6 series after the pre Covid launches of Realme 6 and Realme 6 Pro. While the Realme 6i got a European release recently which cleared it’s path for India launch and thus the specsheet was pretty much known and didn’t need any debate. The only difference was Realme 6i came with Helio G80 which went on to release as Narzo 10 in India. So much for the rebranding.
While this time Realme didn’t declare the India release date weeks ahead but just a few days prior. It will be in days to come we will get to know how did the device will fair on people’s expectations. There has not been any significant change in the specifications which needed no speculation, yet every device goes through the cycle of its price and much other predictions.
Having said that the release has come up with some interesting details as regarding some features and no denying a very competitive launch price alongside with the Helio G90T powered phone.
It was known well in advance as to the specifications the device would be coming up with. But the 90Hz refresh rate, 30W fast charging support and to top up the Gaming Helio G90T processor which also powers Realme 6 and topping it with a price below its predecessors may make it a favorite. Or as it is being seen, it is sure to kill the future prospects of some of the other devices in market which will get tough competition to name a few including Redmi Note 8 Pro and its on sibling in Realme 6. These devices are going to get a run for their money and life.
Let’s have a sneak peek into the complete specifications of Realme 6i.
- 6.5-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, up to 480 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 with realme UI
- 48MP rear camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 aperture, 2MP mono sensor and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 162.1×74.8×8.9-9.6mm; Weight: 191g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W Flash Charge fast charging
The phone comes in two colors – lunar white and Eclipse Black.
Price and Availability
The realme 6i comes is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 14,999. It will be available from Flipkart and realme.com starting from July 31st.
First Hands ON & Unboxing
Here are some of the first hand images of the Realme 6i in the two colors it is available.in.
You can also watch the First Hands Unboxing of the phone by clicking below.